Aims and Objectives
This course has been designed for managers who will have the responsibility to apply and use the hierarchy of control when planning and implementing working at height in an internal/external environment
- Accounts of people being injured in falls from heights in various industries with the inclusion of up to date statistics within industry and the associated impact
- Acts & Regulations – Focusing on the Working at Height Regulations, application & Duty-Holders responsibilities
Risk Assessment & Hazard Identification, specific to the working at height industry for internal/external environments
- Collective & Personal Protection – The working at height hierarchy; Avoidance, Existence, Working Platforms & Personal Protection
- Explain the importance of planning work at height and implementing the safe system of work with focus on managing/supervising the works to maintain competencies
- Creating the safe place of work when accomplishing a working at height task. Developing competence and attaining knowledge from the duty holders to allow for systems of work to show accuracy with a suitable and sufficient balance of safety
- Applying the ‘Rescue Plan’ – The importance of developing a plan that offers a prompt recovery of a person who could be potentially suspended from a fall situation with the development of pre-syncope symptoms
To attain the ability to give advice and supervise working at height specifically within your discipline to be able to formulate & use a rescue plan in accordance with the working task.
Certificate accredited by the training provider valid for three years.