To provide delegates with a sound knowledge and understanding of safe, economic and defensive driving techniques alongside current legislation, and driving safely in rural and urban situations. This course will provide delegates with 7 out of their required 35 hours of Driver CPC training.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who drives vehicles in categories C1, C1E, C, CE, D1, D1E, D & DE. Any drivers of vehicles over 3.5 tonnes, and mini buses with nine seats or more must obtain Driver CPC.
Topics covered on this course include:
Module 3A – Principals of Safe, Economic & Defensive Driving
- Fundamentals of safe & economic driving
- Fuel Management & fuel-saving tips
- Driver safety
- Heights & positions of loads
- Planning routes
- Vehicle technology & Truck Aerodynamics
- Weather conditions – The Greenhouse effect and climate change
- Defect checks & reporting
- Aggressive driving
- Maintaining roadworthiness for LGV and PCV
Module 3c – Rural and Urban Driving
- Prevention of bridge strikes
- Driving for work, managing speed
- Child safety in the UK
- Rural driving guide
- Urban driving guide