Become a Health and Safety Executive recognised Instructor/Examiner and help maintain the high training standards within your business.
Learn how to deliver HSE compliant training to accredited standards during the course of our 10 day training programme.
This training course is suitable for existing ITSSAR Instructors who are required to renew their Instructors certificate every 5 years. It will also be open to other qualified Instructors from other accrediting bodies to gain the ITSSAR training criteria by way of Direct Access
- Principles and Role of the Instructor
- Principles of instruction
- Simple skills analysis
- Practical Test
- Driver Safety Test
- Classroom demonstration and administration
- Daily safety checks and operating practice
- Truck familiarisation
- Operating and corrective tuition
- Guided preparation for a practical lesson plan
- Deliver practical lesson plan to a trainee
- Feedback on strengths and weaknesses
- Introduction to the ITSSAR test
- Guidance throughout on all aspects of practical lesson preparation, use of marking sheets, practical test and certification of operators
Delegates are continuously assessed during their training and expected to carry out modules in both theory and practical elements. Each course is externally monitored at random by a Training Advisor from ITSSAR.
Successful delegates will be re-certificated and their details updated on the ITSSAR National Register of Lift Truck Instructor/Examiners.