This one-day IOSH certificate has been developed to address the training needs of the non-Health and Safety expert. It aims to train workers, at all levels, to ensure that their actions contribute to Health and Safety in the workplace and that individual responsibilities are clearly understood.
Working Safely is aimed at all people whose work exposes them to risk and is particularly suited to form part of a company induction programme.
By the end of the training, participants will be aware of their responsibility for safety towards themselves, their colleagues and others affected by work activities, including:
- Identifying the hazards and evaluating the risks in their workplace
- Using appropriate workplace precautions for specific risks or seeking advice on workplace precautions
- Assisting managers in preparing written Risk Assessments
- Following their organisation’s Health and Safety Policy
- Co-operating and communicating on safety matters
- Reporting relevant accidents and incidents
- Monitoring their own activities and assist managers in active monitoring
Module 1 - Introducing Working Safely
Module 2 - Defining Hazard and Risk
Module 3 - Identifying Common Hazards
Module 4 - Improving Safety Performance
Module 5 - Protecting our environment