IOSH Managing Safely is a popular and interactive training course designed for managers and team leaders, giving them the knowledge they need to ensure safety in the workplace and to help prevent accidents, thus reducing loss and helping to maintain profits.
Every manager should have an understanding of their responsibilities when it comes to health and safety. The world-renowned IOSH 4 day course for managers and supervisors is a superb addition to your training portfolio.
Course Duration: 4 Days
Who Should Attend
The IOSH Managing Safely course is designed for managers with responsibility for people or processes. It is also relevant for managers and supervisors at any level who require a broad view of current health and safety requirements and principles.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- apply basic management principles to safety and health issues
- recognise safety and health hazards in the workplace
- ensure that adequate health and safety training and supervision of staff is provided
- identify what actions should be taken when incidents involving injury or damage occur
- communicate effectively on safety and health issues
This assessed course will cover the application of recognised management principles in health and safety and will equip delegates to tackle issues in their own workplaces.
The course is arranged over eight linked modules covering:
- Reasons for managing safety
- Assessing risks
- Controlling risks
- Legal responsibilities (delivered by a barrister with current knowledge of civil claims)
- Identifying hazards
- Investigating accidents and incidents
- Measuring performance
- Protecting our environment
Each delegate will be required to undertake a short multi-format test and a brief workplace-based written assignment. On successful completion of the IOSH Managing Safely course and the assessed work, candidates will receive an IOSH accredited certificate.