This course aims to ensure that senior management are aware of their health and safety responsibilities with regards to the day-to-day running of the business.
The Institution of Occupational Health & Safety (IOSH) is the world’s largest professional health and safety membership scheme. In addition, it aims to regulate the profession of health and safety providers by setting standards, as well as connecting members to resources and providing support, guidance and training.
Course length: One day
Who is it for: Anyone in a leadership or Senior Management role
By the end of the IOSH Leading Safely training course, the delegate will:
- have a greater awareness of health and safety legislation
- understand the moral, legal and business need for proactive health and safety management
know how to implement health and safety policies and integrating them into their business
- understand the value of health and safety management and training at all levels and when to look for advice
- outline the consequences of not managing health and safety effectively and how to ensure internal processes are working
- understand the importance of continual improvement
What is Required to Pass the IOSH Leading Safely Course?
The course is highly interactive and contains a range of different elements. The delegate will also learn through a mixture of group discussions, case studies, scenarios and classroom theory work. To complete the course delegates will produce an action plan as a part of their organisation's review process and complete a written paper exam.
Certification: An electronic certificate accredited by IOSH will be sent to the delegate's email address.
It is important that your employees are competent in health and safety. If you allow your managers to attend the IOSH Managing Safely course you can then be assured that they also have the relevant knowledge of health and safety. Another option for your employees is the IOSH Working Safely course, which can be used as an induction into occupational health & safety.