Please be advised that this course is run as an in-company course. The price shown is inclusive of the registration and certification fees and is based on a maximum of 12 delegates attending the course. Trainer travel has not been included as this will vary depending on the distance that the trainer is required to travel to deliver the course. The price will also vary depending on the number of delegates attending the course. Please also note that there will be an additional charge should you want the course to be held on a weekend. Your final price will be calculated upon enquiry.
Manual handling of people is the biggest cause of injury to both staff and service users in the care sector. Ideal for all healthcare and social care staff who are involved in the moving and handling of people, our course will provide delegates with the essential knowledge and understanding of the safe process of moving people to prevent injury to themselves and the person being moved and use of any equipment required to minimise and control the risks involved.
The course puts emphasis on consistent care for moving and handling of people with limited or no mobility and covers the following topics with practical involvement:
- Manual Handling Regulations
- Assessing risks involved
- Spinal structure & body mechanics
- Principles of safer handling
- People handling techniques & handling aids
- Delegate course packs including a comprehensive manual handling guide
- Necessary course paperwork
- Certificate on completion of the course valid for 3 years
- Reminder service 3 months prior to the certificate expiry date