Please be advised that this course is run as an in-company course. The price shown is inclusive of the registration and certification fees and is based on a maximum of 12 delegates attending the course. Trainer travel has not been included as this will vary depending on the distance that the trainer is required to travel to deliver the course. The price will also vary depending on the number of delegates attending the course. Please also note that there will be an additional charge should you want the course to be held on a weekend. Your final price will be calculated upon enquiry.
More than a third of over three day injuries reported each year to HSE are caused by manual handling, incorrectly transporting, supporting of loads by hand or by bodily force. The course isdesigned for those who carry out manual handling activities at work and introduces students to the risk of manual handling and implementing measures to reduce the risk of injury.
The course covers how to move objects safely, so that manual handling risks are reduced and covers the following topics:
- Manual handling hazards, risks and controls
- Overview of Manual Handling operations & regulations
- Applying risk assessment to safe manual handling practice
- Safe manual handling techniques
- Understanding your back
- Delegate course packs including a comprehensive manual handling guide
- Necessary course paperwork
- Certificate of competence on completion of the course valid for 3 year
- Reminder service 3 months prior to the certificate expiry date