Health & Safety Awareness (CITB) - Site Safety Plus
The course provides construction operatives and those who are about to enter the construction and civil engineering industry with an awareness of site health and safety and how it affects their role and work. A key focus is developing understanding and raising awareness of the potential hazards to be found on a construction site.
Includes a practical overview of health and safety, welfare and environmental issues; clearly identifying an individual’s responsibilities and what they should do if they believe that anyone’s health and safety is being put at risk.
The course is designed to engage delegates through group discussions, exercises and sharing best practice. Course information is reinforced through case studies.
This course can be used as preparation training for the CSCS Health and Safety Touch-Screen Test or as a general refresher for those working or associated with the construction industry.
The minimum entry equipment is a good understanding of spoken and written English. Outcome:
- Construction Skills Site Safety Plus Certificate Assessment:
- The delegates are assessed on a continual basis, leading to a final exam. Course Content:
- General responsibilities
- Accident prevention and reporting procedures
- Health and welfare
- Legal requirements and liabilities
- Emergency procedures and First Aid
- Site hazards (inc. substances, electrical safety)
- Hand-held equipment and tools
- Noise and vibration
- Excavations and confined spaces
- Site safety transport
- Working at height
- Manual handling
- Fire prevention
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Work equipment
Course Times: 7.45am sharp
- Alternative route to the 40 GLH (QCF) Qualification
- The course aims to ensure that individual responsibilities are understood:
- why they are carrying out their identified duties, and
- what is expected of them, and
- to ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace.
- Supported by GE707 Publication
- Certificate has 5 year life
- Can train up to 20 delegates per day (room permitting) so cost effective
- Attracts £50 day grant (as part of a training plan & for employers on register)
- End test, additional to HS&E test
- Working with UKCG to update course content