All managers and directors who are responsible for staff Course overview:
This one day course is to provide an overview of information and guidance about the New Corporate Manslaughter Act 2007 which came in to force April 2008. Management have clear obligations about protecting the staff under their care, as well as themselves. Increasing legislation makes it important that managers and directors are aware of these developments and their responsibilities.
Benefits: To give advice and awareness to Managers and Directors.
Delegates: Groups are limited to 8-10 persons.
- Corporate Manslaughter Act 2007
- Are you breaking the Law?
- Who is responsible for Safety
- Managers/Directors responsibilities
- Health and Safety at work Act 1974
- Health and Safety Policy’s and procedures
- The “six pack”- Management of Health and Safety at work regulations 1999
Provision and use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
Workplace (Health, Safety & Welfare) 1992
Health & Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regs 1992
Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
Personal Protective Equipment 1992
- Emergency Plans/Fire Risk Assessments
- Safety Training & First Aid Provision
- Overview of Asbestos Awareness, Electricity, Noise, Working at Heights etc.,
- Accident Reporting and Investigation
Training Methods: Information is underpinned by DVD’s, group discussions and handouts.
Certification: A certificate of attendance is awarded at completion.