Who Should Attend
This course is intended for those who have entered, or are about to enter, the construction and civil engineering industry. And is the first step towards a CSCS Labourers (Green Card) and to the progressive CITB Site Safety Plus courses range of training for site operatives up to senior manager / director.
Aims and Objectives
To provide delegates with an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues identifying individual responsibilities for looking after yourself and others, what the employer’s duties are and what should be done if they think anyone’s health and safety is being put at risk.
- Understanding individual responsibilities for their own safety and the safety of others
- Typical construction hazards and how these are controlled
- How to achieve better practical standards of safety on site
- Legal requirements and liabilities
- Working at Height
- Manual Handling
- Fire prevention
- Work equipment
- Occupational health & PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Site Transport Safety
- Theory Test (multiple choice)
The delegate will receive an industry recognised CITB Site Safety Plus certificate that is valid for 5 years.