First Aid at Work
Duration: 3 days
Fully Accredited course – certificate valid for 3 years.
First Aid at Work Courses are suitable for anyone requiring training to become a first aider at work. The course teaches the skills needed to deal with first aid emergencies and meets the required standards of the Health and Safety regulations regarding First Aid at Work.
The First Aid at Work Course is a combination of classroom based learning and also hands on practical instruction.
- Priorities of First Aid
- Managing an incident
- Roles / responsibilities of employers and employees for First Aid at work
- Care of the unconscious casualty
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) including use of an AED
- Disorders of the airway
- Dealing with major bleeds, and shock
- Use of a tourniquet
- Causes of unconsciousness
- Burns and scalds
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Recognition and management of major illnesses
- Recognition of minor illnesses and appropriate action
- Eye injuries
- Miscellaneous injuries
- Record keeping and accident reporting
- Infection control
- Communication & delegation in an emergency
- Manage the transportation of a casualty