This fully comprehensive QCF Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work Refresher course is regulated by Ofqual and HSE compliant. This two day course is available to first aiders who wish to renew an existing First Aid at Work certificate and continue to take on the responsibility of being a designated first aider in workplace.
First aiders can attend this course up to 3 months prior to, or within 28 days beyond the certificate expiry date, within which a refresher course should be complete. This first aid training course is suitable for all types of workplaces, in particular those that present a high-risk environment.
This qualification aims to create a level of competence in first aid skills for the workplace and will enable learners to attain the knowledge and competencies needed to deal with a range of emergency first aid situations and demonstrate the practical administration of safe, prompt, effective first aid.
Learners must achieve three credits from the two mandatory units to be awarded the Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (QCF) and is typically covered over three days.
Unit 1 – Emergency First Aid in the Workplace
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Assess an incident in an emergency
- Management of an unresponsive casualty who is & is not breathing normally
- Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Management of a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Manage a casualty who is in shock
- Understand how to manage a casualty with a minor injury
Unit 2 - Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace
- Conduct a secondary survey
- Administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Administer first aid to a casualty with suspected head, spinal and chest injuries
- Administer first aid to a casualty with burns, scalds, eye injuries
- Administer first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
- Administer first aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Provide first aid to a casualty with suspected major illness
- Delegate course packs including a comprehensive first aid manual
- Necessary course paperwork
- Level 3 Award approved paper & plastic card certificate on successful completion of the course valid for 3 years
- Reminder service 3 months prior to the certificate expiry date