Course Details & Pre-requisites:
This course is designed for trainers who are looking at delivering First Aid at Work and Emergency First Aid at Work courses along with AED courses in their own place of work. Candidates must already hold a minimum of a three day First Aid at Work qualification.
This course supports the students through both the FAW, EFAW and AED courses. On conclusion of this course students will be able to deliver the following:
- Three day First Aid at Work
- First Aid at Work refresher
- One day Emergency First Aid at Work
- Seven hour Paediatric First Aid course
- Two day Paediatric First Aid course
- Sports First Aid
- Basic Life Support
- Automatic External Defibrillator
On conclusion of the course students will be given a pack which will include all assessment documentation, presentation and will be briefed on how to get accredited with awarding bodies.
To provide the students with the knowledge and understanding of the principles and practical applications of teaching First Aid in the workplace.
The following sessions will be thouroughly covered during the course to achieve the desired outcomes:
- First Aid legislation
- Record keeping and reporting
- Protecting the first aider and casualty from infection
- Importance of scene management
- Basic skills - Bleeding management, CPR, Recovery Position etc.
- Additional skills - Choking, Heart Attacks, Stroke etc.
- Individual responsibilities and requirements in the workplace.
- AED usage
Course Duration: 3 Day
Assessment: Students will be required to make a First Aid related presentation
Certificate: Train the Trainer - First Aid & AED
Certificate Duration: 3 Years