This course covers the role of the designated fire marshal. It also gives you the opportunity to learn about the different types of fire extinguisher and how to use them correctly.Aims and Objectives .The course will give the delegates the ability to identify fire hazards, take charge in the event of a fire and understand the need for fire precautions.
- Current Fire Legislation
- Hazards within your workplace
- Hazards and threats posed by fire to people and property
- Elements of a Fire Risk Assessment
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Fire Marshal
- Actions to be taken in the event of a fire
- Why fire emergency procedures are implemented and monitored
- Distinguish between the different types of fire extinguishers
- Visual and Practical demonstration in the safe use of Water, Dry Powder, Foam and Carbon Dioxide fire extinguishers
This course is suitable for those who are responsible for overseeing fire safety, designated fire marshals and anyone who needs to know how to use a fire extinguisher.
Course Duration: Half day
Exam: Multiple Choice Exam Paper/Practical Assessment
Max No. of Learners: Maximum of 12 Learners
Certification: Certificate accredited by the training provider and awarded on successful completion of the course