A half day course for those who have been appointed by their employer as fire wardens or marshalls.
- English Law applicable to fire safety
- The basic principles of fire and explosion
- Fire protection methods (structural, means of escape, fire detection & alarms, fire fighting equipment, access & facilities for Fire Service)
- Causes and prevention of fire (security against arson, electricity & gas supplies, hot works, waste, plant & equipment, materials storage, smoking)
- Emergency procedures – safety of people
The assessment can consist of a written examination paper and a practical assessment exercise if required.