This qualification is:
- For people who deal with emergency first aid at work enabling them to be workplace emergency first aiders under the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981
- Based on the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) training standard for delivery of Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) courses for the purposes of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981
This qualification should enable Learners to attain the knowledge and practical competencies needed to deal with a range of emergency first aid situations.
Learners should be able to demonstrate the practical administration of safe, prompt, effective first aid in emergency situations with an understanding of the role of first aider.
By the end of the course students will:
1. Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
2. Be able to assess an incident
3. Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
4. Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
5. Be able to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
6. Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding
7. Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock
8. Be able to manage a casualty with a minor injury
Assessment: Multi choice test and on-going practical assessment throughout the course
Accrediting body: Qualsafe Awards
Usually 9.00am - 4.30pm. Course times will be confirmed in the joining instructions once the course has been booked.