This Award gives the learner an understanding of both the theoretical and practical aspects of periodic inspection, testing and condition reporting for both single and three phase electrical installations.
The qualification follows BS 7671 and the industry recognised IET Guidance Note 3, as well as the Electrical Safely Council’s Best Practice Guides.
The Award gives an opportunity for individuals to develop and/or enhance their knowledge and skills in the periodic inspection and testing of single and three phase low voltage electrical installations.
Who Will Benefit?
This qualification is for electricians who wish to carry out the periodic inspection and testing of electrical installations and issue Electrical Installation Condition Reports and for those who wish to acquire new knowledge and skills.
The application of knowledge involved with the periodic inspection and testing of electrical installations. It has one unit, covering safe isolation, condition reporting requirements, periodic inspection and testing, interpreting test results and certification.
- The requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations for the safe inspection of electrical systems and equipment
- Appropriate procedures for completing safe isolation
- Health and Safety requirements which apply when inspecting, testing and commissioning electrical installations and circuits
- The purpose of periodic inspection of electrical installations
- The requirements of the periodic inspection
- Documents associated with the inspection and testing and condition reporting of an electrical installation
- The required information that the inspector needs to conduct the periodic inspection of an electrical installation
The assessment involves 2 on screen open book exams consisting of 35 questions each lasting 60 minutes and a 2 1/2 Hour practical assessment covering periodic inspection and testing.
Please note if you have attended and passed the EAL Level 3 Initial Verification and certification of electrical installations online exam you will only need to sit one online exam for this - 35 questions 60 minutes.
The course either has new dates in data loading, or is only run as a dedicated or In Company course.