The course will provide a summary of how to promote a positive culture for health and safety.
Who Should Attend? The course is designed for Company Directors.
Course Aims and Objectives
At the end of the course delegates will be able:
- Recognise the implications of decisions made in the boardroom that make their business liable
- Understand the importance of strategic management of risks
- Understand the consequences of failing to manage health and safety effectively
- Understand the importance of competent duty holders communicating health & safety throughout
the whole project
- Recognise the need to appoint competent health & safety assistance
Identify the basic tools for introducing a positive health & safety culture
- Identify the basic tools for introducing a proactive health and safety culture into their organisation
The method of assessment will be by multiple-choice questions at the end of the course, as well as being expected to be interactive during the course.
Course Duration: This course consists of one day training.
To be able to attend the course, delegates will be expected to have either previously completed the DRHS course, or have a working knowledge of relevant H&S legislation. Although we don’t expect you to evidence this, the trainer will be delivering the course with this level of knowledge in mind.
For courses from January 2022 you will also be a required to complete a free e-Learning course prior to your start date. We estimate this will take around 90 minutes. All delegates must then submit their certificate prior to starting the course, failure to do so will mean you can’t take the course.