This Experienced CPCS Red Card Package Excavator 360, Above 10 Tonnes Tracked training course is designed for Plant Operators who already have practical experience on Excavators, above 10 tonnes but wish to refresh their knowledge and operating techniques, prior to taking the CPCS practical and theory test.
To enhance delegates’ practical skills, identify and eliminate any bad habits and prepare them for the CPCS Theory and practical tests.
Please be advised that in order to undertake this course you will need to supply the following information at the time of booking:
- Candidate’s full name
- Candidate's date of birth
- National insurance number
- CITB number
- The date the Health Safety & Environment Test was passed
Please be advised that any candidate wishing to attend a CPCS course must hold a valid Health, Safety & Environment Test which has been taken within the last 2 years. Any candidate who books onto this course and does not hold this prior to the technical tests will be unable to sit the technical tests and will not be eligible for a refund.
Candidates who fail to achieve the minimum standard required will not be eligible for a refund.
If you have not taken this test within the last 2 years, please call 0344 994 4488 to book a test.
- Introduction and explanation of CPCS qualification.
- Health and safety legislation as it applies to Plant operators.
- Theoretical knowledge of plant operations.
- Operator's responsibilities with regards to daily/weekly checks of machine.
- Familiarity with the equipment and use of Operator's manual.
- Practical operation, including:
- Excavation of material.
- Tipper loading.
- Operating on inclines.
- Safe use of the quick hitch.
- Using the excavator for lifting operations.
- Theory and Practical assessments for the CPCS Red Card Excavator 360, above 10 tonnes tracked*.
On completion of the training course, delegates will have sufficient knowledge and information to enable them to complete the CPCS Theory test for Excavators.
The training will be split with 50% theory preparation and 50% practical (subject to change depending on candidate's needs).
Delegates should provide a passport photograph on the day of training for production of ID Cards.
The short nature of this training course dictates that only a limited time will be available for practical operation therefore all candidates on this course must be regarded as experienced Excavator operators prior to attendance.
*There are two different categories of Excavators, based on machine size. Candidates should ensure that they are on the correct course prior to attendance.
Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course.