If you have not taken this test within the last 2 years, please call 0344 994 4488 to book a test.
The CPCS Excavator training course content includes:
Days One and Two:
- Introduction & explanation of CPCS qualification.
- Health and safety legislation as it applies to Plant operators.
- Theoretical knowledge of Plant operations.
- Operator's responsibilities with regards to daily/weekly checks of machine.
- Familiarity with the equipment and use of operator's manual.
- Practical operation, including:
- Excavation of material.
- Tipper loading.
- Operating on inclines.
- Safe use of the quick hitch.
- Using the excavator for lifting operations.
- Theory and Practical assessment for CPCS Red Card Excavator 360, below 10 tonnes.
On completion of the training course, delegates will have sufficient knowledge and information to enable them to complete the CPCS Theory test for Excavators below 10 tonnes.
A high proportion of the Excavator training is of a practical nature which will be supplemented with some classroom based tutorials.
Delegates should provide a passport photograph on the day of training for production of ID Cards.
Due to the relatively short nature of this course all delegates attending should have had some prior history of Excavator operation, if this is not the case then candidates should look at completing the full novice course first.
*There are two different categories of Excavator based on machine size. Candidates should ensure that they are on the correct course prior to attendance.
Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course.