This CPCS Red Card Package Slinger Signaller training course is designed for Slinger/Signallers who have some previous experience of slinging and signalling.
To instruct delegates how to safely operate a Slinger/Signaller on construction sites, to ensure compliance with the law and secure all the health and safety of all employees and of those who may be affected by their actions.
Please be advised that in order to undertake this course you will need to supply the following information at the time of booking:
- Candidate’s full name
- Candidate's date of birth
- National insurance number
- CITB number
- The date the Health, Safety & Environment Test was passed
Please be advised that any candidate wishing to attend a CPCS course must hold a valid Health, Safety & Environment Test which has been taken within the last 2 years. Any candidate who books onto this course and does not hold this prior to the technical tests will be unable to sit the technical tests and will not be eligible for a refund.
Candidates who fail to achieve the minimum standard required will not be eligible for a refund.
If you have not taken this test within the last 2 years, please call 0344 994 4488 to book a test.
Days One and Two:
- Introduction & explanation of CPCS qualification.
- Health and safety legislation as it applies to lifting operations and slinging/signalling.
- Theoretical knowledge of lifting operations.
- Operator's responsibilities with regards to daily/weekly checks of accessories and lifting equipment.
- Use of accessories, types of hitch, pre-use checks and de-rating of accessories
- Practical sequence of operations, lift safety and signalling controlling loads.
- Theory and Practical assessments for CPCS Red Card Slinger Signaller.
On completion of the training course, delegates will have sufficient knowledge and information to enable them to complete the CPCS assessments for Slingers/Signallers.
A high proportion of the training is of a practical nature which will be supplemented with some classroom based tutorials.
Delegates should provide a passport photograph on the day of training for production of ID Cards.
The short nature of this training course dictates that only a limited time will be available for practical operation therefore all candidates on this course must be regarded as experienced Slinger/Signallers prior to attendance.
Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course.