The aim of this course is to provide delegates with the practical and theoretical knowledge required to enable them to prepare a range of loads for lifting and safely direct the movement of cranes using recognised signalling systems.
Successful delegates will be awarded with a CPCS Trained Operator (Red) Card for Slinger/Signaller.
By the end of the course, delegates must be able to:
- Demonstrate a sufficient level of subject knowledge and understanding
- Carry out pre-use checks on lifting accessories, ensure they have a valid certificate of thorough examination and identify any defective equipment
- Sling a range of loads in a safe and suitable manner
- Direct safe movement of the crane using recognised hand and radio signals
Day 1: Theory training
Day 2: CPCS technical tests
Please note that there there will be no practical training on the machine.
CPCS Technical Test for A40 – Slinger/Signaller
- Verbal Theory Test
- Practical Test which requires candidates to meet the stated objectives
Who Should Attend?
This course is for those who will be required to carry out slinging/signalling duties and is suitable for delegates with little or no prior experience of working with cranes.
All delegates must have passed the ConstructionSkills Health, Safety and Environmental Test at 'Operative' level within two years prior to the course completion date