CPCS - A58 - 360 Excavator Below 10 Tonnes
The Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) is a card scheme designed to prove the skills of plant operators.
As a CITB approved CPCS Test Centre we offer a novice course for those with no experience at our specialised CPCS test centre. On the last day of this course the Technical Tests - Practical & Theory - are undertaken and upon successful completion you will be awarded with a CPCS Red Trained Operators Card.
We also offer just the Tests - Practical & Theory (2 hours) - for experienced workers, again undertaken at our CPCS test centre.
Requirements for Test
A valid Health & Safety Touchscreen Test (within last 2 years) & relevant practical experience (or undertaken our Novice Course) and theory knowledge (Revision Material handed out at booking).
After receiving your CPCS Red Card you will then have 2 years to complete a level 2 NVQ after which you'll be issued with a CPCS Blue Competent Operators Card. We also offer the NVQ and can possibly provide funding.
Awarding Body: Construction Skills
Test Contents Outline:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Configure and set for travel.
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces.
- Manoeuver in confined spaces.
- Configure and set – up for excavating duties.
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Extract differing types of excavations in various types of ground.
- Place materials into transporting vehicles and hoppers.
- Grade, spread and level ground and materials.
- Attach and remove buckets.
- Lift, move and place a variety of slung loads (Endorsement C).
- Travel with slung loads*(Endorsement C).
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.