The A04 course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical training. Completing the course successfully will entitle you to a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (upon successful completion of the appropriate CPCS Technical Test). Course Information:
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual will be able to:
- Operate the tower crane safely and productively
- Respond to the recognised signals for controlling crane operations
- Decide whether a particular load is within the capacity of the crane
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine maintenance
- Understand the capabilities of the equipment and any relevant safety precautions, including the out of service procedure
- Operate safe-load indicators and overload warning devices
- Understand the effect of the working radius on the lifting capacity of the machine
- Secure, check and maintain counterweights effectively
- Gauge the effect of shock loading on structural strength and stability
- Recognise the principles of safe slinging, the types and capacities of lifting gear, security and balance of load
- Observe the statutory regulations in respect of lifting equipment and the operator’s own legal responsibilities.
Candidates must have an indate CSCS health, safety and environment test (taken within the last two years).
The course either has new dates in data loading, or is only run as a dedicated or In Company course.