City & Guilds 2399-11 level 3 Award in the installation of Small Scale Solar Photovoltaic
City & Guilds Level 3
The solar PV installation industry is still active, and in spite of the reductions in the feed in
tariff, the outlook remains buoyant and is predicted to grow by 300% in the next 5 years.
City & Guilds 2399-11 solar PV course provides delegates with a high level of technical
expertise, plus “hands on” training in fitting real solar PV equipment. Total Electrical Training
has recently invested in new equipment at the Harlow training centre, providing delegates
with a simulated but realistic training environment.
The City & Guilds 2399-11 qualification is fully recognised by the MCS accreditation
City and Guilds 2399-11 is aimed at practicing electricians and installers. It is considered
by many in the industry as the “must have” qualification, and is particularly suitable for those
who are already enrolled with a competent person’s scheme provider.
On completion of the City and Guilds 2399-11 course, delegates will understand:
- The Site Survey
- Solar Photovoltaic systems
- Solar Photovoltaic panels
- Standards, building regulations
- Microgeneration Certification Scheme
- Guidelines and Industry Codes of Practice
- Health and Safety
- Scaffolding and specialist harness equipment
- Photovoltaic systems and components
- Roof tiles and structural design
- Solar Photovoltaic array position and roof fix
- Inverter and electrical protection devices
- Solar Photovoltaic performance and efficiency monitoring
- Solar Photovoltaic modules and arrays
- Inverters export metering
- Direct current overview and calculations
- Local authority approvals
- Solar Photovoltaic Installation “hands on”: fitting panels to a roof, roofing construction and varying tile types.
- Final commissioning and testing
- Connecting to the grid.
- Customer care and after sales advice
The City & Guilds 2399-11 qualification is fully recognised by the main MCS accreditation
Please note that it is currently a pre requisite that to attend any City and Guilds 2399-11
course module, the delegate must hold an appropriate NVQ level 2 certificate
The additional pre entry requirements for attending this course, are that delegates must hold
a current 17th edition certificate (either full or update) plus some evidence will be required
showing that the delegate also understands how to carry out the process of initial verification
as specified in BS7671:2008
City and Guilds 2399-11 is considered by many in the industry as the “must have”
qualification, and is particularly suitable for those who are already enrolled with a competent
person’s scheme provider.