City and Guilds 2396-01 is the replacement qualification for City and Guilds 2391-20. it is essentially at a higher qualification level than 2391-20 at "Level 4" which puts it at almost the equivalence of a technical diploma.
Designed for experienced electrical professional, this City and Guilds 2396-01 qualification will help the delegate to achieve and develop the essential, up-to-date knowledge and techniques needed to professionally design and install or inspect and test electrical systems.
The course itself will take the delegate through the entire process of designing and verifying an installation and will cover areas such as diversity factors, environmental issues, cable selection, maximum demand and commissioning.
As with all the new suite of qualifications, City and Guilds; 2396-01 will reference all the changes that were incorporated in BS 7671:2008 (incorporating amendment no 1: 2011), the 17th edition of the IET Wiring Regulations. It is important to note that the 17th Edition Amendment No 1 contains extensive and significant changes.
The City and Guilds; 2396-01 qualification is fully endorsed by Summit Skills the Sector Skills Council for the building services engineering sector.
In addition, City and Guilds 2396-01 also allows candidates to progress onto the following City & Guilds qualifications:
• Level 4 Higher Professional Diploma in Building Services Engineering (4467-04)
• ILM Management and Leadership qualifications
It is intended that City and Guilds 2396-01 is for electro technical personnel in electrical contracting companies, who have responsibility for the quality of the design, specification, installation and testing process.
The course content which is subject to revision and change is:
• Statutory and non-statutory requirements
• General principles of electrical installation design, construction management and verification
• Diversity factors
• Maximum demand calculations
• Other information required to form a design specification
• BS 7671 requirements relating to electrical installation design
• Single and poly phase electrical installations and their design characteristics
• Design and installation of associated protective systems
• Alternative energy sources and environmental technologies their design characteristics
• Final documentation
City and Guilds 2396-01 is assessed by way of a substantial project and assignment and also a dated entry written examination
Unit 401: The project is marked by your assessor
Unit 402 The written examination is a dated entry examination and is marked externally.
The course either has new dates in data loading, or is only run as a dedicated or In Company course.