City and Guilds 2377-200 In Service Testing & Inspecting of Electrical Equipment
1 day inclusive of Gola examination and practical assessment Qualification:
City & Guilds Level 3 Course Overview
City and Guilds 2377-200 is the benchmark qualification for anyone who intends to carry out the practical testing of electrical equipment, also known as Portable Appliance Testing. The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 state “as may be necessary to prevent danger, all systems shall be maintained so as to prevent, so far as is reasonably practicable, such danger”.
This course will train personnel that are asked to carry out visual inspections as well as instrument tests.
Although there are no pre entry requirements to attend this course, we do recommend that you should have prior knowledge of basic electrical theory and electrical principles together with a basic understanding of electrical definitions and terminologies.
Who Will Benefit?
Anyone who is involved in carrying out the practical tests on electrical equipment. Successful candidates will gain a nationally recognised qualification.
On completion of the course, participants will understand:
- Electrical Safety in the workplace and elsewhere
- The role of Regulations and the responsibilities of the duty holder
- Insulation and earthing of appliances and equipment
- Classification of appliances
- Preliminary Inspection, pre test precautions
- Using a Portable Appliance Tester
- Required tests
- Optional tests
- Labelling of assets and bar coding
- Maintaining the asset register
- Reporting and recording results
- Implementing an electrical test programme
- Practical Assessment of delegates
All candidates are assessed via 30 multiple choice questions – the examination is “Open Book” and is carried out using the computer based City and Guilds Gola system – all candidates are given their results at the end of the examination. There is also a practical assessment which will involve practical tests carried out on electrical equipment
This course leads to a fully accredited qualification. Delegates are required to have the following books:
- The IEE Code of Practice for in Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
The IEE Code of Practice for in Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment can be purchased from our website.
- 17th Edition:
- City and Guilds 2382-10
- City and Guilds 2382-20
- Inspection & Testing:
- City and Guilds 2392-10 Initial verification
- City and Guilds 2391-10