CISRS* Trainee Scaffolder (Part 1) Tube and Fittings
10 days Attendees:
Trainee Scaffolders who have a minimum of 6 months experience within the scaffolding industry. Objectives:
Health and Safety Awareness comparable to SSSTS, including Legislation, regulations, best practice, and tool box talks
- Half Day Instruction/Training SG4
- Interpretation of drawings
- Tie Methods and TG4
- Independent tied scaffold (in tube and fitting and in an approved system)
- Putlog scaffold
- Birdcage scaffold
- Static Tower (in tube and fitting and in an approved system)
- Alterations to scaffolds (e.g. dropping lift height on independent)
- 50 Question Test Paper (include intermediate test at the end of 1st week)
- The trainee operative will be able, as a member of a team, to erect, alter and dismantle the above scaffold structures safely and in their correct sequence, Certification:
CISRS certificate of training Note:
Trainee Scaffolders should not be carrying out any work unless under the direct supervision of a CISRS qualified Scaffolder.
An operative is considered a trainee until they have completed Part 1, Part 2, CISRS Skills test, VQ Level 2 and H&S test, irrelevant of their time in the industry.
Candidates must have held a COTS course for six months.
Hard hats are issued, but PPE including safety harness MUST be brought together with spanners, levels and tapes. Gloves MUST be worn at all times during training. Shorts are not acceptable.