Duration: 2 days
The training is intended for persons responsible for inspecting complex scaffolds, hold a CISRS Basic Inspection Card or a CISRS Scaffolder card and who are required to complete reports in accordance with Work at Height Regulations 2005.
The overall aim is to develop in delegates an understanding of the appropriate safety regulations and the ability to interpret design specifications and statutory regulations when inspecting complex/design scaffolding structures for faults.
At the end of the training the delegate will be able to:
- State the relevant legislative requirements for scaffold inspection.
- Interpret Scaffold design drawings for inspection purposes.
and will be able to inspect, and record the findings of such an inspection for:
- A Basic Design Scaffold
- Raking Shore
- Slung scaffold
- Temporary Roofs
- Temporary ramps
- Two-Way Shore
- Dead Shore
- Staircase scaffold
- Truss-out Cantilever drop
Competence is measured by multi choice examination and practical scaffold inspection examination.
CISRS Certificate of training upon completion of course and successful completion of both examinations.
Successful attendees who have passed a CSCS health and safety test will apply for a CISRS Advanced Scaffold Inspection card.
1) To attend a CISRS Advanced Scaffold Inspection course, candidates must either have:- (Need to have proof of this prior to course commencing)
a) Hold a CISRS BASIC SITS card for minimum of 2 years
b) Hold a CISRS Scaffolder Card for a minimum of 2 years
c) Hold a CISRS Advanced Card
d) Completed a Basic Scaffold Inspection course between 4th May 2002 – 4th May 2010 with a CISRS approved Centre (must be at least 2 years ago)
e) Complete an Advanced Inspection course between 4th May 2002 – 4th May 2010 with a CISRS Approved provider
f) Complete a 2 Day Basic or Advanced Inspection course with a CISRS Approved provider before 4th May 2002 and completed the CISRS Basic SITS Course
2) Each candidate must also supply prior to the course one of the following, these must have been taken within the last 2 years.
- Construction Skills Health & Safety Touch Screen Test
- 1 Day Health & Safety Awareness Course
- CCNSG Safety Passport
- NEBOSH Construction
- Offshore Survival Certificates
- SSSTS or SMSTS
- FAS Safe Pass