Training in the use of cable avoidance tools to locate underground cables and pipes on site. Misuse could result in errors being made, and the possibility of fatal accidents, meaning this course is essential for anybody undertaking ground work.
This course will enable candidates to understand fully the correct operation and functions of this equipment.
Training is provided either at our own specialised sites or provided for in house training.
At the end of the course candidates will take a short test of the content covered and upon completion will receive a Certificate of Competence.
1. Theory of cable location
2. What the controls and displays indicate on specific scanners
3. Calibrating and pre-use testing
4. The use of power and radio in sweeping whole area
5. Compatibility between CAT and Genny
6. Correct operational procedures
7. Practical usage outdoors in designated area