This programme is designed for operatives and supervisors who have to locate underground apparatus on the roadways and highways.
Aim & Objectives
This course aims to provide delegates with the skills and knowledge to carry out cable avoidance work whilst considering the safety of themselves and others.
This course involves a high proportion of discussion and simulated assessments supplemented with video and classroom-based tutorials and progress tests.
Courses are available at training centres nationwide. This course can also be delivered on your premises subject to minimum delegate numbers and suitability of the venue. Please contact us for information.
Delegate Eligibility/Entry Requirements
It is important that all candidates who attend this course have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
Successful delegates will receive an in house certificate.
The Cable Avoidance Tools course covers the following:
- Basic principles of location and avoidance of underground services
- Hazard identification and the risk associated with them
- Reading and interpreting site plans
- Practical use of equipment
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Identify potential risks to themselves and others
- Read and understand site plans
- Operate cable avoidance tools in order to avoid or locate underground apparatus
Usually 8.00am - 4.00pm. Course times will be confirmed in the joining instructions once the course has been booked.