This course is designed to introduce delegates to the basic principles involved in electrical
theory, covering key aspects of the theory behind electricity including electromagnetism,
ohms law, circuits, electrical resistance and much more.
Who Will Benefit?
Anyone who is interested in acquiring basic electrical knowledge. It is particularly aimed
at those who have little or no electrical theory knowledge, or anyone who is considering
becoming an electrician.
- Standard Units and Symbols
- Atoms and Electrons
- Current Flow and the effects of Electrical Currents
- Current Voltage and electrical resistance
- Ohms Law
- Measurement of Voltage, Current and Power
- How Electric motors work and an explanation of Transformers
- How do MCB’s and RCD’s work
- Electrical Safety
- Circuits: Ring final and Radial
Although this is a non accredited course, we can provide delegates with an optional short
examination. All delegates receive a certificate of attendance with successful delegates
passing the optional examination, receiving a certificate from the trainer.
This course is non accredited but it does provide delegates with essential background knowledge on all things electric.