This is an E-Learning course
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET/PTLLS) is the perfect introductory course into the Education & Training sector. This will kick-start the development of your teaching, tutoring and training skills in the adult education, community, work-based or skills sector.
This is an online course and has an approximate completion time of 3 months, with the option to fast-track to complete in as little as 3 weeks! This is where you will be matched with one of our specialist fast track tutors, enabling you to finish the course in a smaller time frame (available upon request at enrolment).
To complete this course, you are recommended to read “The Award in Education & Training” by Ann Gravels to help aid your studies.
How is the course delivered?
This course is delivered on our online learning platform with access to full tutor support. The qualification comprises of 3 units:
· Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training.
· Understanding assessment in education and training.
· Understanding and using inclusive learning and teaching approaches in education and training.
Furthermore, this course will require you to undertake a microteach. This is an activity where trainee teachers prepare and deliver a short teaching and learning sessions to their peers, and then evaluate their practice. The microteach is a 15-30 minute presentation where you follow your own lesson plan. This can be completed via Microsoft Teams, Skype or Zoom; this can also be self-recorded.
Who is the qualification for?
This course is ideal for…
· Individuals wanting to train others as part of their business or their company.
· Individuals who are not yet in a teaching role.
· Individuals who are in or just started a teaching role.
· Individuals who want a qualification without a minimum teaching practice requirement.
Course entry requirements:
There are no specific requirements for this course, however you will need to have a good understanding of English language and writing.
You must be at least 19 years of age to enrol on this course.
Who are the awarding body?
For this qualification you can either choose to be certificated by Pearson or Training Qualification UK. Both are fantastic Awarding Organisations with over 250,000 learners across 120 countries worldwide.