The Asbestos Awareness Training Course meets the expectations of the Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 2012 & ACOP (Approved Code of Practice) L143, this form of training is suitable for all employees whose work could forseeably expose them to asbestos (Regulation 10 - Control of Asbestos At Work Regulations 2012).
- Introduction to asbestos - nature and origin
- Types of asbestos
- Properties and benefits (use of asbestos)
- Health hazards
- Possible locations of asbestos in buildings
- Current legislation and guidance
- Legal limitations on work liable to disturb asbestos
- Working safely/dutyholders responsibilities
- Safe working in areas where asbestos is present
- Safe and correct use of RPE/PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Emergency procedures/accidental damage/general procedures
- Self assessment test
Who Should Attend?
The basic asbestos safety awareness training course that we offer is ideal for and tailored to the requirements of the following tradesmen, building contractors and developers who are involved in refurbishment, maintenance, repair and/or demolition:
- Plumbing & Heating Engineers
- Security/CCTV Installers
- Heating/Ventilation Engineers
- Insulation Specialists
- Signage/Installation Specialists
- Telecommunications Engineers
- Gas Fitters
- Fire & Burglar Alarm Installers
- Roofing Contractors
- General Builders/Maintenance
- Construction Contractors
- Suspended Ceilings/Partition Installers
- Building Surveyors
Training For Small Builders and Tradesmen
If you are a small independent builder or self employed tradesman then Asbestos Safety Training can benefit you. People such as electricians, joiners, plumbing & heating engineers and insulation specialists that work on old domestic/residential premises built between 1900 & 1990 may be at risk from Asbestos. These older buildings may house Asbestos Containing Materials and can be hazardous!
We run local courses aimed at education small/independent business/tradesmen. Contact us now to enrol.
Managers & Supervisors
We strongly recommend that supervisors, managers, quantity surveyors and project managers also attend courses as it covers important legal aspects that the regulations place upon them. The asbestos awareness training course also assists the above with communication, liaison, consideration and legal obligations of the duty holder.
Upon successful completion of the course, each employee/operative will receive certification in compliance with CAWR 2012 regulation 10 plus a detailed handout/booklet. Valid for 2 years.
The course either has new dates in data loading, or is only run as a dedicated or In Company course.