This one day introductory training workshop takes the delegates through all of the basic elements of these two key frameworks for introducing new Products in the Automotive Industry and touches on the important core tools contained within them.
Following attendance, participants will gain:
- An understanding of the AIAG ‘APQP’ & ‘PPAP’ Manuals and their overall requirements.
- The development of a Training Needs Analysis in these tools, e.g. FMEA, SPC & MSA.
- A gap analysis of each of the 5 phases between their requirements & current practice within the company, whether they are based on other Manuals or Sector e.g. Aerospace.
- A draft action plan for any work identified as being required, based on the assessment of gaps, for example development of the company’s New Product Introduction Process.
- Therefore use of company project files enables maximum benefit to be obtained from the day.
- Course / delegates’ objectives
- Quality planning: why / who / how?
- Product Quality Planning Timing Chart
APQP Phase I: Plan & Define Programme
- Inputs & outputs: (Inputs for section II)
APQP Phase II: Product Design & Development
- Outputs: (Design) FMEA, design review
- Outputs: (APQP Team)
- Control Plan, Cause & Effect Diagram
APQP Phase III: Process Design & Development
- Outputs: Measurement System Analysis
APQP Phase IV: Product & Process Validation
- Outputs: Variation, Process Capability
Part Approval: PAP
- PPAP manual
- Reporting requirements
- Submission, records
APQP Phase V: Feedback, Assessment, Corrective Action
- Outputs: Improved; QCD & APQP proc