Advanced Presentation and Influencing Skills - the Master Class
How to impress and influence important audiences.
Develop a Mastery of the critical skills of presentation and influencing This advanced training course explores these valuable skills and develops a personal strategy to master them.
By exploring some fundamentals, from audience evaluation to speaking competence; from the preparation through to the reflective elements of the process; from meeting expectations to anxiety drivers, the course helps individuals to evaluate their current influencing capabilities through their presentations, and to deploy new techniques to master their ability to influence and to leave a lasting impression.
This 2-day training course is highly participative and incorporates a balance of theoretical learning, individual reflection and syndicate work across a series of real-life situations and case studies.
The course incorporates the delivery by its participants in a presentation, enabling the realisation of personal body language, styles and approach, and the evaluation of the impact on others through constructive feedback.
This presentation and influencing skills course is designed for:
All staff who are required to undertake presentations to others. It will engage those who are new to presentations as well as staff with previous experience but who now seek to fine-tune and enhance their presentation skills. They will receive valuable feedback on their impressing and influencing effectiveness.
Topic covered will include:
- The Keys to Effective Presentations
- Understanding your Audience and their expectations
- Determination of your Intended Message
- Anticipating the barriers
- The Principles of Influencing
- Situational Analysis
- Recognising Cultural Impacts
- Personal domineer and impression
- The Written Elements of Presentations
- The Power of Visual over Verbal
- How do I convey the messages without confusing?
- Which apparatus should I use?
- Handouts or "Takeaways"?
- Making a Verbal Presentation
- Preparation and Delivery
- The power of Body Language
- Speech and delivery
- Managing the timing of your Presentation
- Dealing with questions and interruptions
- The Value of Feedback
- Learning to Listen
- Challenging constructive feedback.
Participants on this course will be required to undertake some pre-course work before attending and to bring with them a draft presentation on a relevent subject which they will then work on during the workshop.
This course is available for in-house delivery if required.
This course will be conducted in the English language.