This course is designed to help the individual understand their responsibilities
within the workplace and is aimed at persons working with Abrasive Wheels. It is a
legal requirement under The Provision And Use Of Work Equipment 1998
(PUWER) that all staff who use abrasive wheels receives training in the safe use of
the tools and changing of wheels.
Aims and Objectives:
The aim of the course is to provide training to comply with the Health & Safety at Work
Act 1974 and the Provision And Use Of Work Equipment 1998 (PUWER).
- Overview of Health And Safety regulation
- Hazards and risks associated with the use of the abrasive wheel equipment
- Accident causation and prevention
- Personal Protective Equipment / Eye Protection
- Hand Arm Vibration
- Types of machines and abrasive wheels – how to identify and store.
- Wheel Selection – Practical
- Wheel Mounting – Practical
- Wheel Dressing – Practical
- Wheel Guarding – Practical
- Environments in which to use or not use
- Means of reporting and course examination
All employees who as part of their working duties use Abrasive Wheels
Course Duration: Half Day
Max No. of Learners: 12 Delegates
Certificate accredited by the training provider awarded on successful completion of the course