Do you hold a budget? Do you want to know how to use it to benefit your patients and clients most? Then this course is for you. This one-day course is an essential practical introduction to the principles of finance and financial control. It is designed for managers at all levels and for those who deputise for or are likely to become directly responsible for financial performance in the future. Engaging practical exercises are backed-up by simple theory to ensure comprehensive coverage of all the basics. No unnecessary jargon is used! The Course Will Show You How To:
- List your financial responsibilities
- Get the best out of your finance department
- Use a simple step-by-step method to interpret financial reports
- Project and forecast future financial problems
- List reasons for variances from budget.
- What accountants do
- Interpretation of financial reports
- How budgets are set
- Finance and financial control
- The three methods of accounting
- Variance analysis • How costs behave.
- The seven point plan for interpreting your financial information
Who Should Attend? All staff who are responsible, or who will shortly be responsible, for a budget.