Course Times: 9.00am - 1.00pm*
Duration: 6 half day sessions
Team Leader & Frontline Management Development
The ILM Level 3 qualification has been specially designed to give practising or aspiring first line managers a solid foundation in their formal development as a manager. The ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership & Management is a concise qualification which gives an introduction to the basic skills, knowledge, and understanding required by today's first line manager.
ILM Level 3 Units
- 8600-300 - Solving Problems and Making Decisions
- 8600-309 - Understanding how to Establish an Effective Team
- 8600-319 - Understanding Organising & Delegating in the Workplace
- 8600-323 - Understanding Performance Management
Five reasons for using this course
Do you have frontline managers who:
- Were promoted from within because they are technically good?
- Are new to the role and / or inexperienced at managing others?
- Need improved confidence in managing people and problems?
- Find it difficult to balance the pressures of delivering for management while remaining part of the team?
- Could make a significant contribution to the company's profits if they were able to improve the performance of themselves and their teams?
If the answer is "yes" to any of the above questions you will find that the Forefront course provides solutions to these and many other issues that stretch today's team leader.
Forefront is a unique team leader course, which is an investment in your people to deliver increased competence and financial returns for your business.
- Pre-course objective setting
- An Insights Discovery Personal Profile
- One morning a week for six weeks
- Application and assignment-driven
- A mid-point review and coaching session
- Relevant business-related project
- Regular peer group review time
- Planning and organising - better control of projects, people and resources
- Delivering results - improved understanding of internal and external customer needs
- Commercial thinking - taking action to affect profit in measurable ways
- Delegation - shifting responsibility to those who are going to do the work
- Decision making - the skill and confidence to come up with solutions not problems
- Communication - keeping everybody informed and the ideas flowing
- Motivation - practical ways of raising team and individual performance
- Time Control - doing first things first and meeting the important deadlines
- Innovation process - for constant improvement by getting
- Performance review - reviewing people's performance in a motivating way
- Reaching consensus - through active listening, positive communication and discussion
- Leadership confidence - feeling comfortable with the right style of authority
*Course times will be confirmed in the Joining Instructions once the course is booked.