To assist specific industries who have specific health and Safety requirements on their sites and to ensure the safe operation of contractors on industry sites
Duration: 2 Days
Contractors working in quarry sites
- Core Health & Safety Training covering:
- The basics of general health and safety good practice.
- Incorporates guidance from the HSE.
- Introduction, Management of Health and Safety,
- Vehicle Safety, Danger Areas, Hazardous Operations, Occupational Health Risks and PPE, Environmental Protection.
- Safe Working - Cranes and Heavy Lifting Equipment.
- Safe Working - Excavations and Confined Spaces.
- Working at Heights.
At present the SPA passport scheme recognises that delegates who have completed and passed the following training courses and have 3 months or more remaining on their evidence of exemption do not need to attend the SPA passport scheme Core training day:
- IOSH Working Safely
- CCNSG Passport to Safety
- IOSH Managing Safely
- IOSH Supervising Safely
- NEBOSH Certificate
- CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme
- CIEH Basic Health and Safety (replaced by Level 2)
- FÁS Safe Pass
- ADT H&S module
- Nebosh Diploma
- CITB Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme
- CITB – Site Safety for Shopfitters and Interior Contractors
- Rentokill SHE Training module
A one day refresher course must be completed before the expiry date of the passport.