IOSH Working Safely
Course duration: 1 day.
Delivered in partnership with ‘Partners in Safety’ and Certificated by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), Europe’s leading body for health and safety professionals, this one day course provides a grounding in the essentials of health and safety. Working Safely meets the government’s guidelines for introductory health and safety training and is a 100 per cent match to the Health and Safety Executives ‘Passport’ syllabus.
Is it right for me?
Working Safely is a one day course for staff from any sector wishing to gain a recognised certificate and a thorough grounding in the essentials of health and safety. The course has been designed to ensure minimum disruption to working days and shifts – the one day programme includes the assessment, so there’s no need to free up further time for a test after the course.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand why health and safety is important.
- Apply the very latest training tips and suggestions – from grabbing and retaining attention to maximising the training experience and making sure key points are taken on board.
- Practice clear scenarios drawn from genuine work situations to drive home practical points.
- Receive a recognised certificate from Europe’s leading professional Health and Safety body.
What will it cover?
Module 1 – Introducing working safely
- Accidents don’t only happen to ‘other people’
- Human suffering behind the statistics
- The importance of personal responsibility
Module 2 – Defining hazard and risk
- Putting ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’ into everyday language
- The six broad hazard groups
- De-mystifying risk assessment
Module 3 – Identifying common hazards
- Entrances and exits, and work traffic
- Fire, chemicals and electricity
- Physical and verbal abuse, bullying and stress
- Slips, trips and falls
- Manual handling
Module 4 - Improving safety performance
- Systems and processes – breaking through the jargon
- Bridging the gap between management and workforce
Module 5 – Protecting our environment
- An introduction to waste and pollution
- Facts, stats and figures
- How organisations and individuals can reduce environmental impact
Delegates who attend the course and successfully complete the written and practical assessments can choose between IOSH’s Working Safely Certificate or a credit card-sized ‘passport’ card.
The course either has new dates in data loading, or is only run as a dedicated or In Company course.