IOSH - Working Safely
This course trains workers to ensure their individual and collective actions contribute tohealth & safety in the workplace and that
responsibilities are clearly understood. It will enable workers, at all levels, to be aware of their responsibilities for safety towards
themselves, colleagues and others affected by work activities.
This course comprises 4 modules:
• Working Safely
• Hazards - General
• Improving the organisation's safety performance
• Hazards - Organisation specific
Upon successful completion of the course delegates should be able to:
• Identify the hazards and evaluate the risks in their workplace
• Use appropriate workplace precautions for specific risks or seek advice on workplace precautions
• Assist managers in preparing written risk assessments
• Follow their organisation's Health & Safety policy
• Co-operate and communicate on safety matters
• Carry out work activities without risk to themselves or others
• Report relevant accidents and incidents
• Monitor their own activities and assist managers in active monitoring
Who should attend
This course is aimed at machine, process operators, office and non-industrial staff who have had no formal health & safety training.
On completion, delegates can progress onto the Managing Safely Course.
This course can also be run as an in-house option. Costs vary depending upon the number of delegates you wish to have attend,
therefore if you are interested in running this course at your chosen location, please call us on 028 9034 2219 and ask to speak with
someone about IOSH Safety courses.
For an IOSH Working Safely certificate to be issued, the delegate will need to successfully complete the institution's approved
The trainer for this course has extensive experience in design and delivery of health & safety training programmes. They are qualified
by NEBOSH (National Examination Board for Occupational Safety & Health) and Associate member of IOSH (Institute of
Occupational Safety & Health) and is a member of the Chartered Management Institute and the International Institute of Risk and
Safety Management and the Association for Project Safety.
The course either has new dates in data loading, or is only run as a dedicated or In Company course.