This course has been specifically developed with a strong bias towards practical learning. After an initial introduction to the techniques used in auditing the course proceeds to a series of linked case studies which simulate a live audit. Feedback on performance is given at each stage so that course members can learn, practice and improve their auditing skills.
Delegates will cover an introduction to Quality Assurance, Audit Preparation, Audit Techniques, Questioning Techniques, Listening, Reporting, Nonconformities and Corrective Action Programmes, Audit Follow-up and Close out.
The course is certified by the International Register of Certificated Auditors; it is a flexible, highly interactive and participative course focusing on using auditing as an improvement tool in line with ISO 9001:2008 philosophy. Delegates upon successful completion of the course will receive an IRCA approved Certificate.
Who is the Course For?
Designed for delegates requiring the basic skills necessary to audit areas of their own organisations management systems.
What Will They/You Learn?
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- The principles underlying quality management
- The requirements of ISO 9001:2008
- How quality systems are structured
- Audit process and use of techniques
- The internal auditor registration scheme
- Planning for an audit
- Preparing for an audit
- Collecting evidence by audit review
- Managing an audit team
- Evaluating non-conformities
- Writing and reporting audit findings
- Continuous assessment
- Feedback on performance
Be capable of
- Adding value to the organisation through audit
What Will The Course Cover?
Quality and Quality Standards:
- Evolution of quality management
- The quality system
- ISO 9000 – The quality system standard
- Quality system certification
- Benefits of quality assurance
- Maintenance of the system
Types of Audit:
- Audit types
- ISO 9000 and audits
- Audit cycle
- Audit objective
- What prevents accurate communication
- What promotes accurate communication
- Audit techniques
What Will The Course Cover?
- Annual schedule
- Check lists
- Professional Standards
- Corrective Action
Managing the Programme:
- Auditor Group
- Auditor Performance
- Operational factors
- Audit findings
- Corrective action
Pre-course Preparation and Assessment:
The delegate is assessed based on participation and performance throughout the duration of the course. This includes a live audit and all exercises, role plays, case studies and other activities during the course. Please note; full attendance is required during the training course.
In-House Training Options:
If you are representing a business this course can be run exclusively and tailored to suit your company’s specific learning requirements and organisational needs. Costs are dependant on number of days and bespoke content.