Course test and in course assessment of audit skills, moderated and certificated by IEMA
IEMA - Full membership (MIEMA) to IEMA (incorporating Associate Certificate in Environmental Management) by Applied Learning.
This course is designed to develop delegates auditing skills through their application to an Environmental Management Systems audit.
Participants work in small teams, led by an experienced Lead Auditor as they conduct an opening meeting, plan the audit, interview employees and evaluate the key documentation of the Environmental Management System; to review, analyse and use as they would in a real audit. The culmination of the class is a closing presentation to the senior management of the company.
Participation in the comprehensive and detailed ‘Petros Barola’ case study includes:
- Preparing for and conducting a live opening meeting
- Audit interviews (participation in, and observation of)
- Gathering objective audit evidence
- Preparing audit working papers and a draft audit report
- Audit team meetings
- Preparing for an conducting a live closing meeting
- Audit follow up
This course is externally approved and certified by IEMA (the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment) for external accreditation of Auditors and Lead Auditors (after suitable practical experience).
Delegates who wish to gain audit skills in Safety, Health and Environmental auditing should consider our integrated IOSH SHE audit course.
This course is aimed at individuals who wish to undertake or lead environmental audits as part of an EMS such as ISO 14001.
This course is assessed by two methods
- A course test of 30 short answer questions
- An In -course tutor assessment of the application of environmental auditing skills