Who Should Attend
Designers, Managers, Supervisors, Planners and those who are involved in work with street furniture.
To make delegates aware of the recommended safety procedures and clearances for ensuring electrical safety in the installation, commissioning and maintenance of public lighting and other street furniture.
- Clearances and procedures relating to Electrical Association Engineering Recommendation G39/1 1992
- Street lighting cut-out identification and awareness of potentially live parts
- Identification of hazards and assessment of risks
- Personal protective equipment
- Correct removal of fuse carrier
- Storage of fuse carrier and protection of contact with live parts
- Awareness and required checks before circuit re-energisation
- Correct checks of supply and polarity
- Correct fuse carrier insertion techniques and fuse sizes
- 214 Safe Isolation
- Upon successful completion of a multiple-choice test paper a certificate will be issued.
NB this does not certify total electrical competence, only awareness.