Who Should Attend:
Supervisors, Office Managers, Health and Safety co-ordinators, interested staff.
Why You Should Attend:
Employers are required to carry out risk assessments for individual employees who use a computer for the majority of their work. This can be very time consuming. We will show you ways to comply with the law, be proactive in identifying situations that may cause harm and enable staff to be in control of their workstations.
What You Will Learn:
- How to identify where harm may be caused and how to remove or reduce that harm;
- How to carry out an assessment of computer workstations to comply with current legislation;
- How to advise staff.
Carry out straightforward in-house computer workstation risk assessments, keep records, monitor and review.
- Anatomy and physiology.
- Penalties imposed and how to avoid them.
- An explanation of the standards relating to the use and siting of DSE.
- How to carry out a DSE assessment using the forms provided or company’s own forms.
- Practical assessments of workstations.
- How to advise staff on the reduction of health related problems associated with the use of DSE.
- Special considerations: physical disability; pregnancy; wheelchair users.
- Implications of home working, travelling and the use of laptops.
Course Duration: 1 day
Included in course cost: Lunch, certificate, comprehensive course manual, telephone and e-mail support for 12 months