Who is it for?
This ASTD Certificate Programme is for trainers learning and development consultants learning designers and anyone involved in design development and delivery of learning interventions.
What is it about?
This hands-on workshop covers the entire analysis design and development processes with many examples and practice exercises.
What will I get out of it?
By the end of this course participants should be able to:
- - Consider and apply a number of techniques to gather information on learning needs: interviewing conducting work observations focus groups and surveys
- - Apply the ADDIE and HPI models
- - Identify and document business goals and measures key processes roles tasks and influences
- - Prepare for and conduct interviews surveys and analyse work products and procedures
- - Consider evaluation methodologies available and create a plan based on the four levels of evaluation and impact upon performance
- - Prepare a report to document the results of the needs assessment
- - Recommend and document the most appropriate interventions
- - Select instructional methods that promote human psychological learning processes
- - Analyse a job task down to its individual steps and required knowledge
- - Write complete learning objectives based upon task analysis and performance intent
- - Create course and lesson outlines that include all required elements
- - Produce a Design Document that presents a complete training plan
- - Follow guidelines for creating a Participant Guide Facilitator Guide and supporting materials
- - Apply guidelines to the use of visuals text and audio in instructional materials
- - Apply guidelines to the development of lesson task training materials
- - Apply guidelines to the development of knowledge topic training materials
- - Develop valid tests and test items
- - Prepare for training implementation including testing and rollout
- - Pilot and market the programme
This course provides participants with the opportunity to learn from their peers as they engage in group activities that model stages of the design process. A case study is followed throughout the course with accompanying video evidence and a CD is also provided of all of the included checklists and templates for you to use back on the job.