"Learn how to become a great coach and how to get the best out of your staff through developing their skills and behaviours through coaching"
****Please be advised that the price shown is a guide price based on 6 delegates attending the course. This is an In-House only course and your final price will be calculated upon enquiry. The final price will be dependent on your individual requirements.****
A fun, highly participative and practical 1 or 2-day course designed to provide you and your managers with the tools and skills necessary to become an outstanding coach.
Coaching is the quickest and most effective method of developing members of staff.
Good coaching and performance management leads to self-motivation and an attitude that is oriented towards solutions and continual improvement rather than problems and avoidance.
This course helps turn managers into effective coaches.
Who Will Benefit From The Course?
• Managers responsible for the development of others
• Team leaders and supervisors who want to get the best out of their people
• Line managers who want a structured and effective method of performing their monthly one to ones
• Line managers who want to develop their staff in their current role and also longer term
What Will You Gain From the Course?
• Delegates will go away with a thorough understanding of the principles of coaching and management styles
• Delegates will go away with coaching models that they can use back in the workplace
• Delegates will understand the importance of ownership and how to take ownership of staff development and continuous improvement.
• Delegates will learn “What to say” and “How to say it” when providing feedback to staff.
• Delegates will learn the importance of non-verbal communication when performing coaching
• Delegates will be able to prepare, deliver and review coaching sessions so that they continually improve.
Example Of Course Content
Introduction and objectives
What Is Coaching All About?
Why is it so effective? What is coaching? What coaching is not. The different uses of coaching i.e. immediate feedback, regular meetings, performance, ongoing development.
What Is Your Current Managerial Style?
Each delegate will take a leadership strengths assessment to see what their current managerial style is and how often or not they use the coaching style!
Managerial Styles & What They Mean?
Go through some practical exercises to highlight the differences in style and when to adopt them. Good fun and excellent learning. Apply it and learn.
Coaching As A Managerial Style
Advantages of coaching for increasing performance and staff development. Why is coaching so important etc
How To Give & Receive Feedback
Learn templates and models of how to give constructive and helpful feedback. Deal with performance issues there and then when they happen. Phrases and statements to use. Role-plays and team exercises.
Coaching Models & Templates (including GROW model)
Introduction and practical implementation of coaching models for:
- Giving immediate/on the job coaching
- Regular 121’s
- Performance meetings
Role-plays and practical exercises.
Recap And The Day Ahead
Coaching Over The Telephone
Coaching techniques to use over the telephone when the coach can only go on the tonailty and verbal signals from their member of staff
Understanding Body Language For Your Coaching Sessions
Learn the importance body language, tonality and inflection. How you say something is more important for buy in that what you say. Delegates will get the chance to practice all of these skills.
Understanding People And Their Motivations
A section dedicated to understanding the world according to others. Their beliefs, values, behaviours etc.
How to understand this and how to apply it to the working environment for performance improvement.
Practical exercises and role-plays.
Understanding How Different People Learn Most Effecively And How To Use This For Your Coaching Sessions
After taking an assessment each delegate receives a personal report on their learning style and how this has an impact on others whom they coach. They will also have an appreciation of how their staff learn the next.
Taking Ownership Of Staff Development
Coaching as an ongoing process. The life cycle of staff development. How to keep your staff motivated and performing to a high level by taking ownership of development and creating opportunities.
Close And Action Planning
The course either has new dates in data loading, or is only run as a dedicated or In Company course.