- Describe the parts of a computer
- Identify and use window components
- Use the mouse correctly
- Navigate a webpage
- Perform basic file management tasks
Pre-requisites: None required
- Basic computer terminology?
- What is a computer?
- What is an operating system?
Physical Components of a Computer
What is the Desktop?
- Quick Launch Toolbar
- Start menu
- My Computer
- Task Manager
- Right-click on Desktop>Properties
Components of a Window?
- Windows and its components
- Minimize/Maximize/Close buttons
- Title bar
Navigating a Webpage
- Web site
- Home page
- Bookmarks & Favourites
- Search engine
- Web browsing (IE, Netscape, Mozilla)
- Create a new folder
- Copy/Move files from one folder to another
- Drag and Drop files
- Create different file types with varying extensions
- Create a shortcut to an often-used file or application
- Utilize the hard drive and other drives for file management
- Rename/Delete a folder or file
- Use the Recycle Bin appropriately